3.02.2009

Guess I Should Update This

I really didn't have much intention on updating this blog as I assumed no one read it...and for the most part I'm think I'm correct in that assumption. However, as I perused over insideciavshead.com I noticed that he was following my blog (well at least he read it once) so this one's for you Ciavy.

A lot has changed both here on the subcontinent and in the contiguous 48 since I last wrote. A new president has taken office, an economic stimulus plan has been approved, the Big 3 may actually survive and the US might just get out of Iraq before the next decade.

I'm still managing the same project here in Bangalore but have gotten some "assistance" from some other management types at the call center. I am proud to say however that we just closed February and it was the most profitable month in company history. That along with my new pay structure means I'm actually saving some bank for the first time in 29 years instead of spending like Chuck Barkley at an Arizona bar.

I also found a wonderful young lady (actually she's my elder by 56 days) back in Chicago who decided that we should date. I had no real say in the matter as she blindly attacked me on my home turf while my guard was down. I tried explaining to her that I would be living in India for the better part of the next two years and that it's very difficult to be "intimate" from 10,000 miles away. This did not heed her advances and ultimately led to me falling in love with her...persistence is sexy. So I got that going for me (copyright
Carl Spackler).

The World's Cutest 11 Month Old will become the World's Cutest 1 Year Old on Thursday...and I miss his smiling face, screams of hunger, shrieks of joy and just starting to talk mumbled garble more everyday.

Other than that my hobbies haven't changed much since moving here. Hoops, Pearl Jam, Tiger Woods Golf, King Fischer, Guitar Hero (mixed with some real guitar after a few King Fischer's) Cooking, and of course FB & GChat. Thank God for technology.

If you haven't heard snuggiepubcrawl.com is apparently the biggest thing going in America at this point in time and I'm proud to say that I was a participant in the stupid conversation at its inception. Explaining to my friends and co-workers here that "Getting dressed up in a blanket with sleeves to go out in public and drink really is what we do for fun in Chicago" must make me sound like an alien...or an asshole.

On the music front I can't wait for Lollapalooza this summer. Don't know who the lineup is yet (I'm basically hoping for a repeat of the 2006 show) but it really donesn't matter, always a great time with good friends and plenty of smuggled Smirnoff. It's probably my favorite 3 days of the summer. As far as new music goes, if you haven't already check out citizendick.org. A blog written by 3 talented guys who know their shit when it comes to new tunes...and I don't pass out compliments like that all willy nilly.

Back to work...lots of interviews to conduct today. I'll be sure to update this a little more often as I know that someone is reading.

Cheers


3 comments:

  1. If you build it they will come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is some what of a State of the Address-esque. Wonderful coverage, thought and emotion provoking, and just straight up makes me miss you. You have tons of Wilson fans waiting for you when you come back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brian,

    Amazed. That about covers it. You are completely different from the past Brian that I knew or maybe I thought I knew. You are quite the inspiring and awesome writer that I never knew.

    Congratulations on all that is happening to you.

    Alison Strong Corpus

    ReplyDelete